Ask Dr. Gel – May 2017
By John Vargo May 9, 2017
Have you ever…
- Seen a fresh repair turn gray?
- Noticed a shiny ring around the repair? I call that a “halo”
- Not been able to polish a repaired area?
- Observed deep scratches in the repair that you can’t feel? I describe those as “comet tails”
- Had a repair spot that is dark with tiny little pin holes in it?
- Have gelcoat plug up your sand paper?
- Have the color not match? This happens a lot!
- Seen gelcoat peeling off the boat and actually be able to scrape off with a putty knife?